Sunday, April 3, 2011

Extended Absence and a Book Sale

Hello all.  I've been a bad blogger friend lately.  It's been nearly a month since I last posted!  I have no excuse, I just apparently needed a break.  But I'm back and will try to be here on a more regular basis again.  Now, on to the book sale...

In case you don't know, most of the Borders locations are going out of business.  Yesterday we popped in to see if there was anything left at a good sale price; last time we were in there the sales were only 20% off.  Not bad, but not exactly great so we left empty handed.  The sales are now 50-70% off and there are plenty of great finds left.  I managed to pick up two, count 'em two, current magical/witchy almanacs for 50% off!  I nabbed the Spring 2011 to Spring 2012 Witches Almanac and the 2011 Witches' Spell-A-Day Almanac.  I was so happy to find these, I thought for sure they would be long gone by now.

You have to do some digging and things aren't always shelved where you would expect them to be.  At my local store there are still some good things to be found in the magical/metaphysical section, the horror section is pretty much depleted, but the mysteries/thrillers section is still brimming.  No new releases, obviously, but lots of books left at great deals.

Just thought I would pass this along to you.  Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!

~ Heathen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes life dictates when you need a break. Glad you are back and thanks for the info - what a great find you made!

JoAnne said...

Welcome back, we missed you! But as Mina said, sometimes it's just not up to us.