Monday, October 4, 2010

Spooky Movie List #1

So I thought I'd let you in on which spooky movies I watched this past weekend.

  • The Lost Boys - not really spooky, but it's vampires and I love the movie
  • Spellbinder - Kelly Preston as a witch
  • Book of Blood - Clive Barker's story turned into a movie (medium gore factor here)


Unfortunately this is all I got around to watching this weekend.  However, I will be trying to watch at least one spooky/scary/Halloween movie every night throughout the month of October.  I think I'll do a weekly list of what we've watched.

In the meantime I have a question/challenge for you my pretties...list your favorite Halloween movies.  Not just scary, but movies that actually have something to do with Halloween.  This is not as easy as it sounds considering the sheer quantity of scary movies out there.  Here's my list...

  • Halloween I and II (original of course)
  • Trick 'r Treat
  • Nightmare Before Christmas
  • The Crow (first one only, anyone who lives near Detroit knows about Devil's Night)
  • Scream (in the first one it is Halloween season)
  • Hocus Pocus
  • Halloween Town (any in this Disney series)

I know I'm forgetting some, but that's why I asked for your lists! ;-)

- Heathen

2 comments:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

My favorite movies are...

1.) The Halloween Tree
2.) The Good Witch (Hallmark)
3.) The Scream Team (Disney)
4.) Legend of Sleepy Hollow (Disney)
5.) Scooby Doo & The Goblin King
6.) Mad Monster Party
7.) Trick or Treat
8.) The Haunting Hour (Goosebumps)
9.) Hocus Pocus
10.) Attack of the Jack O'Lanterns

Can you tell that I am a big kid at heart and not a big fan of the gore?! I'll take a story about Witches any day! I would put Practical Magic on that list too, but it's not really Halloween themed! :o)

Heathen said...

You are a big kid at heart! :-) Those are all good Halloween movies. I can't believe you listed Mad Monster Party! I've met very few people who have seen that one. I love Rankin and Bass movies. Too bad no one else left a list, I always like new ideas!