If this is how you feel today, here's what to do:
- First, take a deep breath. This is not a test and you will not be graded.
- Decide what food & drinks you're going to serve, from appetizers to dessert. But have backup options just in case!
- Make a shopping list. Don't forget to include some candles and flowers if you don't have those on hand, and remember the roasting pan if you're cooking a whole turkey.
- Not much of a cook? Have each guest bring a dish for a pot-luck style meal.
- Go to the grocery store TODAY, the pickings will already be sparse so you don't want to wait any longer. This is the reason for the backup options.
- If you haven't already, arrange your Fall decorations where they will be appreciated by your guests.
- Really clean your kitchen and main/guest bathroom (the guest room too if you're having overnight company). The rest of the house can get a cursory tidy & sweep.
- Anything that can be made ahead of time should be prepared on Wednesday at the latest.
- On Wednesday night, make some time to put your feet up with a glass of wine or mug of cocoa and just be. You'll feel much more relaxed to greet and entertain your guests on Thursday.
|Better Homes and Gardens|
Remember, these people are your friends and family. So enjoy the time together instead of trying to be Martha Stewart (unless of course you ARE Martha Stewart).