Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Signs of the Season

I know, the red cups have been out for a while now.  But there's just something about them!  The minute you see one it feels like the Holidays and you start having visions of sugar plums dancing in your head.  You can almost taste the gingerbread or peppermint (the caramel is a bit too sweet for me).  Even if you aren't a fan, you know what it means when you start seeing the tell-tale red coffee cups.  Personally, we buy Starbucks coffee to make at home, but the flavored drinks...well that's a bit tricky.  I don't even bother trying to replicate them at home anymore.  Besides, even if you get the taste right, it's just not the same without that red cup!

~ Heathen

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

My son got me hooked on a peppermint flavored coffee several years back when I was visiting him. Then I came home to where we don't have a Starbucks and have been going through withdrawals ever since!

Danni said...

Now I've got the craving for a peppermint mocha latte. Good thing I have to pass the S'bux on my way to the post office! :D