Friday, November 19, 2010

Thanksgiving Traditions

I'm curious to know what your plans are for this Thanksgiving.  We all "celebrate" differently but most of us have annual traditions that we stick with.  What are your traditions?

This Thanksgiving I'll be taking most of the week of from my day job, something I don't usually do.  On Thanksgiving day I'll be dragging out the Holiday decorations, and putting up the tree as usual.  We don't typically do the whole big dinner thing, there just aren't enough people in one place to eat that much food.  We've tried it a couple times, but it's just too much.  Too much food and too much stress, what with me making a mess of the house by emptying all the bins and boxes marked "Christmas".  If it's cold out I usually just cook a big pot of chili and leave it on the stove so food is ready whenever we want to eat.  If it's not (I live in Florida remember) then I like to get some turkey from the deli for sandwiches.  Of course if I get turkey, I have to have stuffing!  But personally I like the boxed stuffing so it's super quick and easy.  Don't roll your eyes, you know you like StoveTop! ;-P

So leave a comment and let me know what your plans are for this year.  Whatever you plan to do, I want to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving!

~ Heathen

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

When we lived closer to family we always had a full house of family and friends. I'd cook the turkey and everyone brought a dish, so dinner was easy. Now we live close to no family but we still do a very scaled down version of Thanksgiving Day dinner. I've finally learned to cook for two instead of twenty. LOL
This year will see Hubby pouring over the textbooks - doing homework and final assignments for the end of the semester is looming. I may take a break from painting the house and just enjoy the day.
We traditionally put up the Yule decorations after the Thanksgiving madness.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! ♥